Indian Air Force Day: Today is the 89th Raising Day of the Indian Air Force. The Air Force was established on 8 October 1932. Before the country’s independence, the Air Force was called the Royal Indian Air Force (RIAF). After independence, the word “Royal” was dropped from the name of the Air Force to just “Indian Air Force”. Today, the Indian Air Force has a huge fleet of aircraft, seeing which the enemy trembles with tremors. Know about the strength of the Indian Air Force on the occasion of Foundation Day.
First know the history of Air Force
- On 1 April 1933, the first contingent of the Air Force was formed, which included 6 IF-trained officers and 19 airmen.
- Thomas W. Elmhurst, First Chief of the Indian Air Force
- Thomas W. Elmhurst remained in this position from 15 August 1947 to 22 February 1950.
- The motto of the Indian Air Force is ‘Nabha: Sprush Deeptam’. This is taken from the 11th chapter of the Gita
- The Air Force flag, different from the Air Force emblem, is blue in color with the national flag in the initial one quarter and a circle (circular shape) made of all the three colors of the national flag i.e. saffron, white and green in the middle. This flag was adopted in 1951.
power of the air force
- The Indian Air Force has 857 transport aircraft, 809 attack aircraft and 323 trainer aircraft.
- Apart from this, the Air Force also has a huge fleet of helicopters. In which there are a total of 666 helicopters including 16 attack helicopters.
- Aircraft like Mirage, MiG-21, MiG-27, MiG-29, Bison, Jaguar, Vampire, Toofani, Hunter and Nate of the Indian Air Force can uproot the feet of any enemy from the ground.
- If you look at India’s bombers aircraft, then the Liberator and Canberra are capable of destroying the enemy’s fort from the sky.
- India also has powerful helicopters like Mi-2, Mi-35, MI-26, MI-17V5, Chetak and Cheetah.
- The Chetak and Cheetah helicopter fleets also play an important role in search and rescue operations in the Indian Air Force.
- As transport aircraft, Dakota, Dewan C-119, Boxcar, Otters, Viscount, Ilyushin and Packet are always ready to help the army in any difficult situation.
- In reconnaissance aircraft, aircraft like Spitfire, Auster and Harvard are capable of keeping an eye on enemy movements 24 hours a day.
- The Air Force also has Rafale fighter jets.
Hindon Air Base is getting the best air-display
Let us tell you that on the occasion of Amrit Mahotsav of Independence, a great air-display is happening at Hindon Air Base today. 75 aircraft are showing their strength at Hindon air-base. All these aircraft are part of a great air-display and are presenting an example of making the enemies of the country proud of their might. This time a total of 75 aircraft including Rafale, Sukhoi, MiG-29, Jaguar, Mirage and MiG-21 Bison are participating in the air display. A glimpse of the golden victory-year of the 1971 war will also be seen in the air-display this time.
According to the Air Force, this year the Vijay, Shamsher, Bahadur, Vinash and Tricolor formations of fighter aircraft will be special attractions at Hindon Air Base near the capital Delhi. These different formations will include 05 MiG-21 Bison aircraft, 05 Jaguar, 05 MiG-29, 04 Sukhoi, 02 LCA Tejas and 02 Rafale. But the most special will be the arrow-head formation in which one each LCA Tejas, Rafale, Mirage 2000, Jaguar and MiG-29 will be seen flying together.
Apart from this, LCA Tejas, Rafale and Sukhoi will be seen flying in the skies of Hindon Air Base in a coordinated display. The air display will include 01 AN-32, 01 Sa-17 Globemaster and 03 C-130J Super Hercules military transport aircraft. Helicopters will see Mi-17V5, ALA-Mark-4, Chinook, Apache and Mi-35. Apart from this, vintage aircraft will also be part of the air display which will include Tigermoth, Dakota and Harvard. The Surya Kiran Aerobatic Team of the Air Force will also participate in the air display. In this team, nine (09) Hawk aircraft will be seen doing acrobatics in the sky together. Apart from this, the Galaxy team of the Air Force will also land at Hindon airbase through a para-drop from an aircraft in the sky.
There was a skirmish between the soldiers of India and China in Arunachal last week but now the matter is settled- Defense Sources
#Indian #Air #Force #huge #fleet #planes #power #enemy #trembles
Indian Air Force,Air Force